Monday, September 12, 2011

The View From 14F


Somewhere 30,000 feet about the US Southwest.

I had a window seat returning from San Antonio but I kept the shade down most of the time in the air since my neighbor was dozing and I didn't want to wake him. At one point, however, I thought I'd peek out and see what the landscape below was like. I was stunned by what I saw. Wonderful clouds above and below and all illuminated by a setting sun.

To hell with the neighbor's beauty sleep! Up went the window shade and then I engaged in a frantic struggle to wrest my camera from my backpack under the seat in front of me before the scene passed by.

I had with me my Kiev 4a equipped with color film (Memories brand 200 ASA). I got two or three shots off, estimating the exposure (since the Kiev has no meter).

No comments:

Post a Comment