Sunday, September 4, 2011

The Dorothy Chandler Pavilion


The draped images of LA Opera luminaries Placido Domingo and James Conlon notwithstanding, my girls and I visited the Dorothy Chandler on April 8 of this year to see the Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater.

I took two film cameras with me that night, both of which were small enough to fit discretely in a pocket: My Vivitar PN2011 with flipped lens, and my Olympus XA. (However, I am not so boorish as to attempt to surreptitiously shoot during a performance. I confined my photographic activities to before and after the concert, outside the venue and in the lobby area within.)

The image above was taken with the Vivitar. The film was Kodak Gold 400 ASA.

By the way, the Alvin Ailey Dance Theater is wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment