Saturday, September 10, 2011

Smokestacks


I saw these smokestacks on Terminal Island California one night last week on the way home from work. I thought, "I gotta get a picture!" I used my Kiev 4a, which is a Soviet-era clone of the famous Contax cameras from Germany. (The Soviets took over the Contax factory in Dresden at the end of WWII and dragged the tooling to the Arsenal factory in Kiev. Then they started pumping out the knock-offs. They did so for decades.)

Clone though it may be, the Kiev 4a is a fine camera in its own right, and mine came with a sharp Jupiter 8 lens.

In the camera I had expired Fuji Sensia 100, which is color slide film. I cross-processed the film in black & white chemicals. Rodinal to be exact. I used a "stand" development of 60 minutes in a 1:100 dilution of Rodinal.

No comments:

Post a Comment