Thursday, September 22, 2011

Black Sun in the Window


This is The Ocean Center Building in downtown Long Beach, California. It was built in 1927 or maybe it was '29. I snapped this shot from my car window whilst stopped at a traffic light about 8am one morning. I had little flexibility with the composition, but I liked how the sun that morning reflected so brilliantly off the building, so I decided to snap a shot anyway.

I used my Polaroid 210 Land Camera and Fuji FP100c film.

I didn't at first know what the black spot was. At first I'm thinking there was a defect in the film. Later I learned that its a photographic phenomenon that sometimes occurs in shots taken into bright sunlight. Of course, for this shot the sun was behind me, so I'm quite delighted--lucky I think--that I got the Black Sun reflected off the window.

No comments:

Post a Comment