Thursday, September 29, 2011

Swords


Fort Tejon, California. August 6, 2011.

I've passed Ft. Tejon a thousand times. So have you if you've ever travelled to or from Los Angeles by car on I-5 through "the Grapevine" pass. On this day, with an unusual amount of time on our hands as we made our way north, my wife and I decided to stop at Ft. Tejon for a look.

Turns out to be a delightful stopover if you have an hour or two--or just a few minutes. The original barracks still stands, and within it are displayed some of the typical accoutrements of your average US Army dragoon circa 1854-64. There is also a blacksmith workshop and a carpenter's workshop, and a number of docents to help explain the goings on at the fort when it was garrisoned. (Upon learning of my nationality, one of the docents declared himself to be a descendent of John Balliol.)

I took this photo inside the barracks with my Canon F1, filled with Kodak Technical Pan ASA 25 film (expired). I processed the film in Rodinal (R09 One-Shot) 1:100 for 60 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment