Monday, December 5, 2011

Mazatlan, October 1977


For our honeymoon Annie and I went on a cruise to the "Mexican Riviera" with stops in Cabo San Lucas, Mazatlan and Puerto Vallarta. I took this shot in Mazatlan with my Mamiya-Sekor 500 DTL and Kodak film.

I wonder what that street looks like today? Jorge Ibarra has told me the street location is 1608 Aquiles Serdan. When I Googled it, I found that Google's street view showed a group of people standing in that same spot, just as their ancestors were 35 years ago.

2 comments:

  1. google this adress 1608 Aquiles Serdán, Mazatlan, Sinaloa, México

    the exactly location of your picture is the intersection of aquiles serdan street and leandro valle street, heading nort.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jorge. I find it quite remarkable that in the Google street view image there is a small group of people standing exactly in the same spot waiting to cross the road, just like my image from 35 years ago. I appreciate that you took the time to contact me.

      Delete