Monday, November 28, 2011

Dick Deluxe



Dick is a local musician whom I encountered a few days ago while testing my Kodak Vigilant 620. He goes by the stage name of "Dick Deluxe." I spent a pleasant few minutes with Dick Deluxe as he practiced his mandolin music and we talked about music and old cameras. We were chums for a little while. (A pre-WWII Kodak can be a good ice breaker.) Finally I asked Dick if I could take his picture and he graciously consented. Alas, the camera wasn't up to the challenge.

As its name suggests, the Vigilant 620 was designed to take 620 film. However, 620 is the same size as 120, but on a smaller diameter spool. So I took some 120 into the changing bag and wound it onto a 620 spool. It all went remarkably smoothly. (Until I developed the images.)

I processed the roll in Rodinal (R09 One Shot) diluted 1:50 and developed for 7 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment